Saturday, February 26, 2011

We love the BYU-JC!

Happy Valentines Day!
This Valentines Day I got to spend herding sheep and goats at Neot Kedumim. It' was a super fun field trip because it was really hands-on. We made Zatar and fresh pitas with date honey and olive oil mmm. When it came time to herd the sheep we were split into teams. There were 3 big circles and the goal of each team was to herd all of the sheep and goats into the 3 different circles in the least amount of time. My team definitely dominated. I think we did it in somewhere around 5 minutes. I couldn't even imagine being the only shepherd of an entire herd! It was hard enough with like 10 of us trying to push all of them into the circles!


David and Goliath
On our Shephelah field trip we went to the Valley of Elah, where David defeated Goliath. We reenacted the story with Laurence as Goliath and Spence as David haha. It was really cold and rainy so we were in mud the whole time. After our reenactment we all went into the same brook David once did and collected stones. Chadwick is the master at slinging stones, so he taught us and then we all got to do it for a while. So cool to be where David and Goliath once were! Woo go David! I love cheering for the underdog!

No comments:

Post a Comment